- Offerd Salary Not Specified
- Career Level Officer
- Experience 3 Years
- Gender Both
- INDUSTRY Legal Jobs
- Qualification Bachelor Degree
This new role is part of an initiative between ICHA at the Kenya Red Cross and the Humanitarian Policy Department at the British Red Cross. A joint work plan between these centres in Nairobi and London on mutual areas of policy interest will seek to increase evidence gathering and sharing, develop strong and relevant contextual analysis, contribute to thought leadership within the Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement, and develop relationships with key stakeholders.
- Undertake research and analysis, reviewing alternatives in relation to policy deliverables, to contribute to the policy process and to inform decision making
- Support the policy and advocacy manager in the identification and prioritization of key issues in the humanitarian and policy strategies.
- Ensure specialist knowledge and analysis in order to research monitor, trends and debates relevant to key humanitarian policy issues
- Maintain and update a humanitarian policy blog and other relevant communication channels that seek to contribute to the regional humanitarian policy issues and priorities.
- Provide a range of project management and support services, including preparation of discussion papers, briefs and submissions, to contribute to the development and delivery of policy initiatives
- Prepare and review policy advice to ensure alignment with policy directions
- Undertake research and collate information for reporting, monitoring and evaluation purposes to contribute to the achievement of policy outcomes.
- Organise and host trainings, workshops and other policy related events.
- Liaise and maintain regular contact with government officials, politicians and policy makers on key policy issues;
- Manage staff resources, and others who from time to time may be assigned to the research and formulation process;
- Bachelor’s Degree in law, political science, international relations or relevant field
- At least three (3) years of relevant working experience
- Demonstrable understanding of the international humanitarian system
- Knowledge of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement
- Good written and verbal communication skills and strong organisational skills
- Ability to analyse, capture, and synthesise large amounts of information in a high quality and engaging manner
- Project management and administrative skills including preparing analysis and briefing packs
- Experience of researching, drafting, and editing policy papers and reports
- Experience of compiling and summarising materials for a variety of audiences
- Effective interpersonal skills to establish cooperative working relationships in the course of performing assigned duties
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, analyse financial and operational data and information, think analytically and critically
- Use of internet and IT to support information and knowledge management
- Ability to maintain high level of confidentiality, remain open to new ideas and experiment with improved systems and proven methods
- Commitment to upholding the Fundamental Principles of the Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement
Method of Application
Applicants should submit the following: A one page cover letter, explaining how your skills and experience apply to this role. A CV including the names of three professional references Please do not send copies of testimonials, certificates or any other back-up documentation.
Applications should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the job title as the email subject. Applications should be submitted.