- Offerd Salary Ksh30,000 - Ksh50,000
- Career Level Officer
- Experience 2 Years
- Gender Both
- INDUSTRY Legal Jobs
- Qualification Diploma
The client is a leading food products distribution company in Kenya. They seek to hire a diligent, organized debt collector to follow up on delayed payment on behalf of the company.
Debt Collector Job Responsibilities
- Keep track of assigned accounts to identify outstanding debts
- Plan course of action to recover outstanding payments
- Locate and contact debtors to inquire of their payment status, by calling and visiting.
- Negotiate payoff deadlines or payment plans
- Handle questions or complaints from the customers
- Investigate and resolve discrepancies
- Create trust relationships with debtors when possible to avoid future issues
- Update accounts status and database regularly and give reports
- Alert superiors of debtors unwilling or unable to pay when necessary
- Comply with legal requirements always and when legal action is unavoidable
- Record and update full and complete account information to aid in account resolution.
- Follow up on promise to pay and payment commitment accounts to ensure a positive resolution and client satisfaction
Requirements for the Debt Collector Job
- Proven experience as debt collector for 2-3years
- Experience in working with targets and tight deadlines
- Knowledge of relevant legal requirements
- Working knowledge of MS Office and databases
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Great negotiating and persuading skills
- Ability to be polite and compassionate without lacking confidence and persistence
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualifications and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Debt Collector – FMCG) to email@example.com before 20th October, 2017.