- Offerd Salary Ksh50,000+
- Career Level Manager
- Experience 5 Years
- Gender Both
- INDUSTRY Insurance Jobs
- Qualification Bachelor Degree
The client is an established Insurance brokerage firm that has been in business for over 30 years serving both individual and corporate clientele. They seek to hire an aggressive and results oriented Business Development Manager who will be tasked with identifying new opportunities mainly in General Insurance, close sales and achieve set sales targets.
Business Development Manager Job Responsibilities
- Revenue and profit generation, including new business development for the company.
- Identify and develop a target pipeline and aggressively market for new profitable status customers from the identified target sectors.
- Plan, prepare and present persuasive approaches and pitches to potential corporate clients
- Gather information from corporate clients, assessing their insurance needs and risk profile, reviewing and/or amending existing policies.
- Ensure growth of the business branch by performing marketing and public relations activities to create business awareness and designing marketing and sales strategies
- Manage the business development team.
- Grow and retain existing corporate accounts by presenting new solutions and services to them
- Research insurance companies’ policies and negotiate with insurers to find the most suitable products for corporate and retail clients’ best prices.
- Arrange specialized insurance cover in complex cases.
- Advise corporate clients on risk management and help them devise new ways to mitigate risks
- Embrace proactive management of strategy, plans and execution.
- Use an existing network of industry contacts to generate new business for the company
- Attend industry events to increase brand awareness and acquire new contacts
- Prepare status reports on client meetings and sales strategy
- Supervise & mentor other members of the team.
Qualifications for the Business Development Manager Job
- A business related degree
- MUST have at least 5 years’ experience in Corporate Sales in the insurance industry
- Professional insurance qualifications from the Insurance Institute of Kenya or the Chartered Insurance Institute
- Have a consistent track record in achieving sales targets
- Have integrity and high sense of ethical responsibility
- Market intelligence and business development skills
- Business strategy formulation & execution
- Ability to lead and manage a team of professionals
- Self – motivated, Confident and outgoing personality
- Ability to multi-task and get things done to completion
- A Team player with good interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent networking and prospecting skills
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (BDM – General Insurance) to email@example.com on or before 1st December 2017.
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV