- Offerd Salary Ksh50,000+
- Career Level Manager
- Experience 7 Years
- Gender Both
- INDUSTRY Engineering Jobs
- Qualification Bachelor Degree
Duma Works is recruiting a Head of Welding section for one of our clients in Nairobi; a leading provider of high quality steel structure solutions.
Purpose of the role:
- Control and management of all welding activities within the fabrication process.
- Responsible for training and conducting weld testing and certification of welders.
- Vetting of sub-contract welders prior to commencement of works.
- Validation and testing of test pieces with KEBS.
- Recording welder’s details against jobs completed.
- Nondestructive testing of completed welds.
- Management and control of welding equipment, consumables and safety equipment.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Effective control and management of welding operations within fabrication areas.
- Management Of “welding process” quality and final assurance of product.
- Training of Sub-contract welders before commencement of job.
- Control and Management of Welding Equipment In Work Area.
- Control of welding consumables.
- Maintain and control a register of welding Personal Protective Equipment.
- Maintain a log of all structural welding jobs by name and competence welder engaged on task.
- Control of Technical Documentation.
- Accurate Record keeping.
- Strict application of H&S policy in respect to welding practices.
- Strict adherence to ISO Quality Management Systems.
- Assist in manpower duty allocation in order to meet project timelines in full and lot-wise.
- Report on daily attendance of employees in areas of responsibility.
- Enhance and manage staff discipline for direct reports.
- Ensure compliance with company policies and guidelines on receipt, storage and goods issuance among team.
- Maintain and ensure a clean, safe working environment within the stocks warehouse.
- Ensure team’s compliance with ISO practices.
- Work as per Kaizen Guidelines.
- Motivate organize and encourage teamwork among stores workers ensure work efficiency and in compliance with standard operating procedures
Minimum Acceptable Requirements:
• Higher Diploma/ Degree in Production or Related Course
• Working Knowledge of production planning & management
• Ability to work under pressure and demonstrate leadership
• Quality Assurance
• Trained and certified in Welding.
• Health & Safety awareness training
• Team player with good interpersonal skills and high integrity.
• Proficiency in computers (Microsoft Office)
• Demonstrated good communication skills
• Good Interpersonal Skills
• Able to work under minimum supervision
- Working Experience
• At Least 7-10 years’ relevant work experience within a busy Steel fabrication production environment
4.Other desirable requirements
• Age:Minimum Age 35 years
• Experience in Kaizen
• Previous experience ISO certified environment
How to Apply
Send your Cover Letter and detailed CV to firstname.lastname@example.org marking the subject as “2866”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2866 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: Friday, 30th June 2017